Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Woes and Wows of Pregnancy

Woe:  I'm only 19 weeks and 12 extra pounds into this pregnancy, and my back is already feeling the strain...
Wow:  ...but all back pain is erased when my husband puts this awesome massage tool to use!  (This is a great comfort during labor, too, by the way!)

Woe:  Not-so-attractive random patches of spider veins are appearing on my legs...
Wow:  ...but still no stretch marks on my tummy!  (Yay for cocoa butter!) :-)

Woe:
  My belly is getting big enough to occasionally get in the way, I'm starting to feel a slight shortness of breath, my strained ligament is a source of nagging discomfort, and sometimes I feel like someone is pushing out on my rib cage from within...
Wow:  ...but how amazing is God's design for the female body, able to adapt and accommodate a growing baby...or babies!

Woe:  Because of my prior cesarean, I have not been able to find a doctor who will grant me my wish for a trial of labor...
WOW:   ...but "I know that [God] can do all things and that no purpose of [His] can be thwarted" (Job 42:2); for "many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" (Proverbs 19:21)!

Woe:  We still have many more weeks of waiting until we meet these babies whom God has blessed us with...
WOW:  ...but God knows them already!

For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
(Psalm 139:13-16)

Wow:  "Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.  Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth.  How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them" (Psalm 127:3-5a)... even if the bearing of them is woeful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...