Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Friday, May 30, 2008

Two Pink Lines

It has happened again! Last Friday morning, with heart beating rapidly, I leaned over the bathroom sink and watched as two little pink lines slowly appeared on my pregnancy test.... "I'm pregnant!" I said to my husband as he anxiously peeked around the shower curtain. Wow! I am still in awe at the thought of God giving us a third child. What a blessing! Even now as I think about this child who we won't know for another nine months, my heart leaps in my chest, and my overwhelming tiredness momentarily fades into the background of my mind.

When Travis and I got married, we agreed that instead of using birth control we would let God be in control, believing that it is He who opens and closes the womb and believing His word that children are a gift of the Lord and that the fruit of the womb is a reward (Psalm 127:3). And what a true blessing and reward our children are to us! The thought that had we not fully trusted in the Lord by obeying our convictions and had consequently missed out on these gifts--Abel, Amariah, and baby #3--is devastating. In a society where pregnancies are often viewed as an "oops" and children as an expensive inconvenience, Travis and I are so thankful that we are able to rejoice when those two pink lines appear, knowing that each child is a gift from God.

"For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them." (Psalm 139:13-16)

2 comments:

Laine said...

Angela, I dont' really know you and you just asked for my "friend request" so I was checking out your blog! First of all congratulations on your new pregnancy! And secondly thanks for changing my view on "God's control" vs' "birth control". I can't believe I never thought of it like that before, it's embarrasing but I'm thankful that He used someone like you in a sincere blog to move my opinion. Blessings! Elaine Fontana

Megan said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you (and a bit jealous as I'm getting the baby bug again:) God has blessed you greatly and I'll keep you and your growing little one in our prayers over the next nine months!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...