Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Transforming

I was looking at an old friend's Facebook profile the other day, and she had the following quote listed in reference to our hometown: "There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered" (by Nelson Mandela).

Upon reading this quote, I immediately thought of the change that happens in our lives because of salvation. I think I've mentioned in a previous post that although I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior at a young age, it wasn't until my first year away at college that I really started to grow...and change! My first summer back from college, I got together one night with my three closest high school girlfriends. As we sat around talking, I remember my best friend in the group saying, "You've changed. We're you like this in high school... I mean, all religious and stuff?" At the time I remember feeling hurt and disappointed that I had obviously been too conformed to the world around me to stand out as a Christian even to my closest friends. But looking back, I realize that it really wasn't until after high school that I began to change as a result of my salvation; and how thankful I am that a change was noticed by my friends that night! May God receive all the glory for what He has done in me!

Romans 12:2 says, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...." May I be continually changed because of my great God who saved me, justified me, and sanctifies me!

For an encouragement to those who might be afraid to reveal their new selves to old friends--"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes..." (Romans 1:16).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...