Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Four Gifts

We are blessed.  I knew that children are a blessing, and I knew that twins would be a double blessing, but I never could have imagined how great that double blessing would be.  When I look at my two babies I am awed by the goodness of God.  If we must be done having children, what a way to go out--with not one baby but two to love and enjoy.  Last night, as I looked at them lying side-by-side on my lap, I said to my husband, "My joy couldn't be more full...."  They are incredible gifts, and I love them.

And then there's Abel... probably the only son we'll ever have.  He is such a big little boy.  He's smart, attentive, caring, and responsible.  He's my companion and my extra set of hands.  He is a gift, and I love him.

And Amariah.  She has such a love for life.  She's sweet, cute, silly, and fun.  She'll steal your heart in an instant.  She is a gift, and I love her.

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." (Psalm 127:3)

2 comments:

Travis said...

We are so blessed!

monica brooks said...

i am so glad u r feeling peace & contentment from the Lord. recently He has helped me surrender a lot of things & then feel the contentment. we know His plans r best. but, 4 me, my own ideas/stubbornness get in the way. praise God u r full of joy! only He knows the plan 4 your family.
motherhood is amazing!
p.s. your abel sounds like my bryler. & amariah has bryzyk's personality! it will b fun 2 know the twins' personalities.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...