Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Veggie Tales, part 2

Remember this post?  Well, I'm beginning to see that we've come a long way since then!  I was afraid the day would never come, but it has:  yes, my picky eater Amariah has decided that vegetables aren't so bad after all.  I think the turning point came several months ago when Amariah was watching me cut up a head of fresh broccoli, asked for some, and proceeded to eat numerous bites of what I think is probably one of the least kid-friendly veggies out there.  And then there was a night a few weeks ago when I told Amariah she had to eat her vegetables before she could get down from the table, and for the first time ever she did it without any repeat requests, retaliation, or regurgitation.  When we put her plate of food in front of her at supper last night, she went for the steamed carrots first and ate them all before moving on.  And just tonight, she ate all of her steamed peas without me telling her to and then asked for more!  Now, after months of diligently serving vegetables to Amariah night after night and making her eat at least one bite of them each time they were presented, she seems to have finally acquired a taste for them.  I'm so glad I didn't give up (and that my husband is now the only pea-hater in the house ;-))!...

1 comments:

Mary Kaisand said...

Hi Angela, I'm Mary Tometich (sister of Melissa Ulrickson). I love reading your blogs! I'm not a mommy yet, but I've been around kids a lot! As I was reading this specific one, something came to mind. Everytime we ask children to do something over and over again (like eat their veggies, pick up toys, wash their hands, etc). Are we not excited when they obey without complaint? The joy that gives us as their visual authority! How much more does our Father in Heaven have joy when we continue to obey Him? Even obey the things that we don't always like to do (like kids needing to eat those "nasty" veggies). It encourages me, and a great reminder (because that's a gift from God--children!). Obedience is a great thing we can give to God. His grace is stronger all the more!
Thank you Jesus! =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...