Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Remember

Today, October 15th, is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. People all over the world are invited to light a candle at 7:00 tonight in remembrance of babies lost to miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, still birth, or infant death.

We will be lighting a candle in memory of our baby Ande Lynn whom we lost to miscarriage on July 14th, 2008. The pain of our loss was very real, and although time has brought healing, I still sometimes find myself thinking about and missing this baby I never knew. I see babies who were born around the time of Ande's due date, and I catch myself thinking, That's how big Ande would be now. I wonder what he/she would be like at this age.... But, despite these momentary sad feelings, I can honestly say that I am okay. I am okay because God has used this loss for our good... and because I know that we have a baby who is already with the Lord.

To my many friends and family members who have also experienced the loss of a child--whether it be due to miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy or infant death--my thoughts and prayers are with you today, and I am remembering your babies as well. May our God be your strength, your hope, and your joy today and always; and may you find comfort in His promise.
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I will be praying for you and all the families who have lost babies. My mother-in-law lost one at 4 1/2 months and one at 5 months. When she was here to visit over the weekend, she shared with my husband some of the pain she experienced then. I couldn't imagine...it just reminds me how blessed I am to have TWO sweet little babies home with me. Thanks for all your sweet words of encouragement this week too - you are such a sweet friend and I am so thankful for you!

Anonymous said...

Angela- Mark and I lost our baby on July 14th, 2007. I did not know about today... thank you for giving me another reason to remember our baby. I will be thinking of you today as well.
~Kathleen Wagner

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Your children are so beautiful!

I'm so sorry about your loss. You are not alone in your grieving. May God comfort you today as you remember your little boy.

Stacie

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Angela, thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I join you in remembering your precious little one and praising God for this life.

Praying for you and your beautiful family.

Angela said...

To you who prayed, thank you. And to you who shared your story, know that I prayed for you. God is good....

Blessings,
Angela

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...