Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Friday, November 13, 2009

A Knock at the Door

Dear friends,

This afternoon a couple Mormon missionaries came knocking on my door.  When I opened the door and found two young, well-dressed men standing on the other side, I immediately knew who they were and why they had come.  As they began to speak, God filled me with a confidence that seemed to override my "fear of man," and I stood and visited with them for a few minutes before inviting them to return tomorrow afternoon for a friendly, spiritual discussion.  I ask that you please be in prayer for this meeting which we scheduled for 1:30 tomorrow.  Please pray that Travis and I will speak with wisdom and grace and that a seed of Truth will be planted in the hearts of these two young men.  May God be glorified....

"Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity.  Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person."  ~Colossians 4:5-6

2 comments:

September said...

I will be baking in the kitchen all day tomorrow,, and so, I will be praying for you and your meeting. I know the Lord will grant you and your husband wisdom.
May the Lord use this as a seed in their lives.
( How is your transition in your "diet" going?)

Alicia said...

I'll keep you and your meeting in my prayers all day tomorrow.

May God give you the right words tomorrow.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...