Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Song in My Heart

My heart is full,
One reason why.
I lift my eyes up to the sky.
He is the source of all that's good.
All of me is understood.
He is everywhere I go.
He is greater than my foe.
He my strength and portion be,
Until His face my eyes do see.

I woke this morning
to another day.
I'm allowed to carry on this way.
He has chosen for me yet to live.
To Him allegiance I do give.
I'm but a wisp, a breath of air.
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
Unworthy daughter, though I believe.
But His grace and patience I receive.

This is real.
This is true.
The song in my heart must be shared with you.
The God who made the sky and sea
became a man to die for me.
He knew no sin yet became sin.
Once and for all, over evil did win.
My debt is paid--there is no red,
because of the blood that Jesus shed.

Death is conquered,
Where is its sting?
This is the reason my heart does sing.
It isn't time for me to go;
But when it is, there's one thing I know.
It's in Heaven I'll make my home,
My life's center ever His throne.
The good news is you'll be there, too,
If in this life your heart was made new.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...