Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Monday, August 27, 2012

Needless Fears

As we begin our third week of the new school year, I can say that we are officially back in the swing of things!  Despite my once-a-year fear about how in the world I'm ever going to handle the next school year, our first two weeks have gone amazingly well.

My biggest fear with the approaching of this school year was that I would now be down to just one more year before I would have to add two more kids to the homeschool mix.  I had no idea what homeschooling four children at three different levels would look like, and not feeling at all ready for such a challenge, I fully intended to wait until next year to face it.

That's what I intended, but it's not what happened.

Somehow, instead of teaching just two again this year, I've ended up teaching all four.  Granted, school for my 3-year olds is mostly about them developing better listening and other developmental skills and tolerating an increased level of structure; but, it is education nonetheless... and more than what I thought I could handle.  However, to my initial surprise, I'm handling it well.  The credit sure doesn't go to me, though.  What was I so worried about?!  Of course God would give me the wisdom and grace I need for the moment.  It is only because of Him that this, my most feared year of homeschooling yet, has so far been the best and most fulfilling.  I can say that I truly look forward to the coming weeks with absence of fear, for I know that His grace is sufficient.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love a glimpse in to what a day in your homeschool looks like! It DOES sound scary!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...