Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Parenthood

I was thinking the other day what an amazing thing parenthood is. God opens the womb, forms the unborn child in the innermost parts, brings him forth by His amazing design for childbirth, and entrusts us with his life. A helpless babe in the hands of finite man with finite knowledge and finite resources. But God--the infinite God with infinite wisdom and infinite resources--our Creator, has designed parenthood; and to Him we look for help as our children look to us. What a high calling to be a parent, responsible for the life of the one given you by God. And what a blessing! Like the Psalm says, "Children are a heritage from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is His reward." Thank you, God, for entrusting me with such precious children. May You always give me wisdom for each moment as I raise them according to Your commands and for Your glory.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Certainly is! I look at my boys and I'm driven to praise (when they're behaving! :)) because I wonder "where did this amazing human come from? where did his gifts and his sense of humour, his physical aptitudes and his ethics - where's it all from?"

It sure weren't no big bang, I'll tell ya that, sista.

May the Lord answer your prayer in your post with a resounding YES! (I know He will!)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...