Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Friday, July 11, 2008

On to the Next Phase of Waiting...

This morning I finally had the follow-up ultrasound that I posted about a few weeks ago.  Based on what the doctor told us at our first appointment and on our confidence in when conception occurred, we were somewhat prepared for the results we were given this morning.  Again we saw an empty sack on the ultrasound screen, and that verified that a miscarriage is indeed pending.  As dreadful as the waiting and uncertainty is, we are hoping that my body will naturally reject this pregnancy within the next three weeks, thus avoiding the need for a D & C.

As emotionally tough as this time of waiting and disappointment is, I am so glad to say that I have complete peace that could only have come through knowing and trusting God.  Travis and I have been able to take great comfort in knowing that God knows the end of this matter and that somehow it will all work together for our good.  My only prayer this morning was, "Lord, whatever happens, may it be for Your glory"; and that will continue to be my prayer as we endure this next phase of waiting and wondering.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...