Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Confessions of a Busy Mom

  • I allow my children to eat food that's been dropped on the floor. In fact, Amariah spilled her cereal in the bathroom this morning, and I still let her eat it.... What she doesn't know won't hurt her... I hope....
  • Sometimes I lock my kids out of my bedroom for a few minutes so I can get something done without "help."
  • When dozens of toys and plenty of discontentment began to take over our living room, I moved all the toys to the kids' bedrooms. Now my house looks like a home again; my kids find contentment in playing with a few toys at a time; and Mommy trades a little busyness for some purposeful, uninterrupted play time.
  • Last night I left the kids with Travis while I went to a nice salon for a haircut. As I sank deep into the soft leather couch in the quiet waiting area, the thought crossed my mind that maybe I should get my hair cut more frequently....
  • I have a bowl of ice cream every day when the kids lay down for their naps.... And once in a while I have another bowl of ice cream when they lay down for the night.
  • Abel still likes to sit on my lap and play with my hair while he drinks his milk... and that makes me feel good.
  • I love my children and hope for more, but it's kind of nice to not be pregnant and/or nursing... for now.
  • When Amariah started throwing fits at the table and refusing to eat, I thought she was boycotting food. It turns out she was just boycotting my feeding it to her. (I tend to forget she's not a baby anymore!)
  • Sometimes I can't help but laugh at my kids when I'm trying to discipline them.
  • The first thing I do when I get up in the mornings is to open up the curtains and let the sun shine in. The second thing--pour Abel's morning cup of diluted juice. (Shhh! He assumes the water is supposed to go in it!)
  • I rarely take a shower by myself. Three bodies and a handful of toys in a standard-size shower is crowded but do-able.
  • I used to pass judgment when I saw a two-year-old wearing a diaper. Abel is almost 2 1/2, and I just bought him another box of diapers this week. (We're getting there, though!)
  • When I was in high school I was rarely seen without full make-up. Seven years and two kids later, I am rarely seen with it.
  • Once in a while I miss having a career. But with every sign that my children are learning and growing at every moment of every day, I know without a doubt I am right where I belong.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

This is great, Angela! So true and so sweet!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...