Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Greater Longing

Today is the one month anniversary of my miscarriage.  I can hardly believe it's been that long since that painful night, and yet somehow it seems longer.  So much healing has come in the past four weeks.  I believe I will always miss my baby, but it will be with the hope that I will meet him/her one day in heaven.  God has taught me over the years that I ought not to doubt His promises; so I cling to His word, knowing that what He says is true and trustworthy.  "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).  God, how I long for that day now more than ever before.  And if that be the only good that comes out of this trial, it was worth it....

1 comments:

The Squires Family said...

Praise God for the promise that we will all one day be united worshipping Him for eternity! It's amazing how He uses our trials to draw us to Him and to ultimately bring Him glory.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...