Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Sunday, March 21, 2010

A March of Emotion

The month of March has become to me a month full of emotion.  It has always been that way to some extent, because it is the month of my birth--even though I'm getting older, there is still a certain excitement about having a birthday--and because it is the month that ushers in Spring and with it warmer weather and regeneration of life.

So, yes, March has always been an "exciting" month for me.  But as the Marches have gone by, additional causes for that excitement have developed; and so this month I have been feeling like my heart is full of emotions and my mind full of memories.
  • On March 8, 2004, Travis so very humbly and beautifully asked me to be his wife.
  • On March 13, 2006, our first child and only son was born into this world.
  • In March of 2009, we took our first family vacation.
  • Also in March of 2009, we entered into the final trimester of what was arguably my most emotion-full pregnancy.
Each of these "March memories" have caused me to feel quite full of emotion this month.  I have felt excitement for the coming of my birthday and for the coming of Spring.  I have remembered that perfect night when I became engaged to the man I wanted to marry so badly.  I have relived the anticipation of those final days of my first pregnancy as well as every detail surrounding Abel's birth.  I have reminisced about last year's vacation and how fun and refreshing it was.  And I have recalled the beauty and blessing of carrying twins in my womb.... Or maybe I have recalled the beauty and blessing of being with child, period, knowing that I will probably never experience it again.

I am so thankful for what the Lord has done in my life--be it March or any other month of the year.  He has filled my heart with gladness; and, through these March memories, He has once again reminded me that all of my days were ordained before there was yet one of them (Psalm 139:16).  Thank you, God, for giving me 27 Marches of abundant life (John 10:10)!

2 comments:

September said...

Angela,
Thank you for stopping by the other night. Your comments were so thoughtful. I was blessed by opening my inblox and to see you had stopped by.
Your blessings in March are truly things to remember and be thankfuk about.
Isn't amazing that God gives us such special moments here on earth to celebrate and how much more we will rejoice in Heaven!?
I am looking forward to seeing more sweet pics of your adorable children.
My "baby" turns 18 this weekend.. (boohoo for me).. and I am so proud of him also.
We are considering traveling out there (Indiana - Faith )over Spring break (end of April), and so maybe we will have a chance of meeting. I will let you know.
Have a blessed week!
~September

Angela said...

September,

As you could tell, I had a little catching up to do on your blog. :-) I am having a hard time keeping up on a daily basis, so then I end up reading a bunch all at once.

How awesome would it be if we could meet?! Wow!

God bless you!
Angela

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...