Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

They Say...

Periodically, I do a post I call Kids Say as a way of recording and remembering the cute things my kids say. What I am discovering as a mom of four young children is that kids aren't the only people who, unawares, say entertaining things. Today, I thought I'd do a post on the usually funny/sometimes rude/occasionally flattering things people say when they see me with my four kids....


Slightly-Bristled-and/or-Judgmental Total Stranger in Chiropractor's Office: "You have four kids?! You don't look old enough to have four kids!"

(Almost) Every Total Stranger in (Almost) Every Place: "Boy, do you have your hands full...."

Sight-Seeing Total Stranger in Wal-Mart: "Look at that! And I thought I had my hands full. Next time I'm feeling overwhelmed, I'll just think of you!... Wow!..."

Non-Observant Total Strangers: "Two sets of twins??"

Curious Total Strangers: "Are they all yours?"

Advanced-in-Years Total Stranger in an Elevator: "I've never seen so many kids in my life!!"


DISCLAIMERS:
  • Even at 27 years of age and 5 years of marriage, I sometimes don't feel old enough to have four children. :-)
  • My hands may be "full," but my heart is overflowing.
  • Abel and Amariah are 15 1/2 months apart and a head different in height.
  • Yes, they are all mine--and not by accident. :-)
  • None of the above comments have been evoked by some display of bad or obnoxious behavior but simply by the sight of four children in my presence. :-)

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

LOL! I get the "you've got your hands full" all the time...even before Ethan was born! I have also had people ask me if Landen and Adellyn are twins!

Lisa said...

Those total strangers need to visit some places overseas.. Our neighbors have 8 girls and 5 boys! Can you imagine what they would say to that mom?!?! :) Your an amazing mom!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...