Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Monday, May 19, 2008

Husbands, Love Your Wives

Tonight my husband came home not feeling well after a long day of work to a wife who didn't have supper prepared or even planned. While working outside in the garden, I asked him what sounded good for supper, and instead of telling me what to fix, he offered to go inside and start the preparations. By the time I finished the yard work, Travis had found a new recipe, adapted it to his liking, and was in the process of cooking his experimental dish. I walked in the house to the wonderful aroma of his creation and through tears told him how much I appreciated his willingness to help me out in the kitchen even though he didn't feel good. And let me say, I appreciated it even more when I tasted it! And by the way, he (and Abel) even baked brownies afterwards! I am so blessed to have a husband who serves me and loves me and who views our marriage as a partnership. I am greatly encouraged by his obedience to God's command for husbands to love their wives sacrificially as Christ loves the Church and gave Himself up for her. Thank You, Lord, for giving me a husband who loves and serves both You and me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...