Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Friday, March 4, 2011

Time

This has been one of those weeks for me where the days just slip by in busyness that can't even be accounted for.  At the end of each day, I felt like I still needed an extra five hours, and I wasn't even sure why I had run out of time.

As I thought about the constant race against the clock that this earthly life seems to be, I began pondering what it will be like in heaven when we are no longer constrained by limited time.  Time will still pass, but as Randy Alcorn says in his book Heaven, "[its] passing will no longer threaten us" (pg. 269) because "[it] won't be a diminishing resource about to end" (pg. 269).  "When the Curse is lifted... time will never work against us.  We won't run out of it.  Time will bring gain, not loss" (pg. 268-269).  How incredible is the thought of time working with us, giving to us instead of taking from us?!  I, for one, can hardly wait for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...