Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Eternal Outlook

Live in the light of eternity.

If I were to live this life with an eternal outlook, how would my life change?  What would I devote my time to?  How would I treat my husband?  How would I raise my children?  What would I say, think, and feel?  What would I treasure in my heart?

I'm certain that God is not pleased by our near-sightedness.  In America--where life is easy and comfort is king--we so often fail to look past the present.  We succumb to choosing an earthly and instant gratification instead of stopping to consider eternity.

God, please continue to work in me and to cultivate the desire to live in the light of eternity.  Develop my far-sightedness that I might make present choices which result in eternal rewards.  Change me, oh God, and use me.  Grant me the wisdom and grace to live this life with an eternal outlook.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Cool website!! How exciting to see it! I appreciate hearing your prayers on your posts, and of course, I'm always encouraged by others' emphasis on eternity! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...