Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Monday, September 15, 2008

Here I Am

I can't help but feel like the Lord is preparing me for something.  What that something is, I am yet unsure.  It seems that every time I go through a significant trial I am drawn closer to God, desiring more to live for Him and to serve Him in all that I do.  Perhaps the unassigned excitement I feel in my heart is a result of my new eternal perspective gained only after my recent trial of miscarriage.  Faced with having a child go to heaven far earlier than I would have expected or hoped, I have been forced to really consider what this life is all about.  I conclude that, as Paul said, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  If my life is not lived for Christ, it is meaningless.  Outside of fulfilling my duties as a godly wife and mother, I, as I said, am yet unsure of where God might call me.  But as I ponder my excitement to serve Him, I say, "Here I am, Lord.  Send me!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...