Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Poem for My Man

February 14, 2003, was Travis and my first Valentine's Day as a couple.  At that time we had officially been dating for just over two months.  (I know, that isn't a very long time, but it was more than enough time for me to know he was the man I would marry!)  It was a snowy, windy weeknight--and Travis had to go to baseball practice from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.--but we were determined to celebrate anyway!  I put so much time into the gifts I would give Travis that night.  Yeah, I bought him a cute balloon and a few other cheap things (I was a sophomore in college...), but everything else I gave him that night came straight from my heart.  The good husband that he is, Travis has kept each of these things in a special file in our filing cabinet.  And as we were de-junking our office (i.e. the corner of our bedroom where our desk and filing cabinet sit) this weekend, I found these few things that to us aren't junk at all.  Tonight, I would like to share one of those things with you....

 10 Things I Love About You

The way your eyes sparkle when you look deep into mine
The way you hug me tight
The way you can't stand to wait for a surprise
The way you live in Christ's light

The way you hold me when I need to be close
The way you genuinely care
The way your smile can light up a room
The way that you're always there

The way your eyes reflect your heart
The way your heart is true
I can't put into words all I love about you
I only know that I do

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...