Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Saturday, December 27, 2008

God's Purpose Will Prevail

As I have been reflecting more on my seemingly impossible desire to avoid a planned cesearean of my twin babies, God has given me counsel and encouragement that has taken away my anxiety about the situation.  But before I share that counsel, let me back up just a little bit....

After having my hopes of a VBAC assualted at my first OB appointment, I spent the next four weeks in prayer that my second appointment would be a good indication of what our next move should be.  (Should we stay with our current doctor group, or should we transfer to another practice where my chances of getting a VBAC might be better?)  As I mentioned in my post about that second appointment, I didn't exactly get the answer I was hoping for (which would have gone something like this:  "You bet you can have a trial of labor!  In fact, all seven of us doctors agree that's your best option!"); yet I left that appointment feeling an extreme amount of peace that could have come only from God.  I didn't (and still don't) know exactly what our next move is to be, but in that state of peace I knew that my God is not bound by the date of a planned cesearean or even by five of seven doctors (or should I say all but a couple of the doctors in Des Moines) being completely uncomfortable with a twin VBAC.  In my heart I knew that God's purpose would prevail.

To confirm my conclusions, the Lord subsequently gave me a couple Scriptures--the wise counsel I spoke of above.  The first one was given through a friend who, as she was listening to my story, felt led to share Job 42:2 with me.  "I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted."  As she read this verse and the truth sunk deep into my heart and mind, tears of thankfulness filled my eyes.  My awesome, sovereign Father, who had heard my prayers and who knows my heart and who cares for my affairs, showed me once again that He knows all things, He can do all things, and no one can mess up His plans.

The second encouraging Scripture God gave me was in my personal reading time.  My husband and I have been going through the Proverbs a chapter a day, and on December 19th, Proverbs 19:21 sunk into my heart and again confirmed that God is in control.  "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

I praise God that regardless of my birth plan or my doctors' plan, it is God's plan that will prevail.  I pray that He will reveal that plan to me, align my heart with His, and give my doctors divine wisdom as I rest and trust in Him.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I believe you are gifted by the Spirit with supernatural faith. I'm encouraged by this. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...