Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Weaker Vessel

"You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is woman" (1 Peter 3:7a).

The Lord brougt this verse to my mind the other day as my husband was repeatedly obeying it. I realized once again how blessed I am to have a godly husband who loves and serves me, and I thought it would be fun to share some of the ways he "lives with me in a understanding way, as with someone weaker."

  • My husband always fills the cars with gas--something I've come to especially appreciate in this recent frigid Iowa weather.
  • Knowing that I'm always on the cold side, my husband keeps the thermostat in our house a few degrees higher than his preferred living temperature to ensure my comfort. On the cold nights he makes it to bed before me, he lays on my side until I'm ready to crawl in to warm the sheets up for me.
  • A couple days ago when I forgot to return some books to the library, my husband--with no complaints about my forgetfulness--offered to run the errand himself.
  • When I'm not feeling up to cooking (such as during the 1st trimester of pregnancy!), my husband offers to order out or throws something together himself.
These are just some of the most recent examples of how my husband appropriately treats me as a woman--someone weaker. In a culture where many women strive to be "strong" and "independent," I am fulfilled and blessed to live in my God-given womanly role, "weaker" than my husband and "dependent" upon him. God knew what I needed in a husband when He sent me mine!

1 comments:

kailan said...

this is so sweet! I feel the same way about my husband, I'm proud to be his wife... the be the crown on HIS head and let him lead and take care of our family.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...