Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Friday, January 28, 2011

Free Time, Fresh Air, and a Friend

I love my job as a homemaker, and I wouldn't trade it for anything; but... sometimes, especially after a week as big as this one has been, I really enjoy getting out of the house by myself for just a little while.  Yesterday was a beautiful January day here in central Iowa; and with only a few things on my grocery list for the rest of the month, I decided that a leisurely late-night trip to the grocery store was a perfect and timely excuse to get out.

While I was at the store, accomplishing my shopping without the usual hurriedness of a mother of four, I ran into a friend who was also enjoying a little late-night outing.  We got to talking about everything from vaccinations to homemade bread to android applications.  It was wonderful.

When I finally made it home with my handful of groceries, I felt totally rejuvenated.  I was encouraged, I was thankful, I was refreshed.... It's amazing what just a little trip to the grocery store can do for this mama. :-)

1 comments:

Stefanie said...

I agree that it is nice to get out of the house without the kids every now and then. Sometimes I wish we lived in a bigger town so I could make late night trips to the grocery store! Our store closes at 6 or 6:30, depending on the day.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...