Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Friday, January 21, 2011

The Mission of Motherhood

Well, I said I was going to start reading more this year; and, thanks to September and the book read she is hosting, I am ready to officially begin working my way through my reading list!

Nearly two years ago, my sister-in-law gave me Sally Clarkson's The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity; but, my lack of time for pleasure reading has kept this book on the shelf... until now!  I was pretty excited when I learned that September is inviting her readers to go through this book along with her.  If you are interested in joining up, there's still time--we start this coming Tuesday!  Just head over to One September Day for the details, and leave a comment for September letting her know you're in!

I'll leave you with this excerpt from the book's back cover....
"No calling is greater, nobler, or more fulfilling than that of motherhood.  Every day, as we nurture our children, mothers influence eternal destiny as no one else can.  Tragically, today's culture minimizes the vital importance of a mother's role.  By catching a vision of God's original design and allowing it to shape your life, you can rediscover the joy and fulfillment that can be found in the strategic role to which God in all his wisdom has called you, for a purpose far greater than you can ever imagine." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...