Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Monday, January 31, 2011

Grandma Verla

I have been working my way through Debi Pearl's Created to be His Help Meet, and some of the reading I was doing yesterday got me to thinking about how so much of who I am and what I know has been passed on to me from the older generations of women in my family.  Whether I have learned from their direct teaching or from my passive observation of them, they have undoubtedly held great influence in my life.

One of these women whose life has impacted me both directly and indirectly is turning 80 today!  It's neat to think about the fact that the 80-year life of my maternal grandmother, so much of which is a mystery to me, is a part of my history, too; because, whether I realize it or not, who she is has affected who I am.

My grandma isn't fond of the camera (although it has always been very fond of her!), but she did happily take a picture with me this past Thanksgiving.

Happy birthday, Grandma Verla!  I am thankful for your life and your legacy.

4 comments:

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

Nice picture, Angela. What a keepsake. Is this the grandma you went to India on mission trips with?

Angela said...

Kris, the missionary grandma is my other grandma.

Kelly said...

Precious memories! The picture is beautiful!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...