Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks: God's Relational Provision

Happy Thanksgiving!  In light of the holiday, I am spending this week at Eternal Outlook in intentional giving of thanks to God for His provision in every aspect of my life.  This is nothing more than what we are called to do anyway--to be "always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father" (Ephesians 5:20).  All too frequently we allow ourselves to become so comfortable that we forget how much we need God.  Like the Israelites, we sometimes forget (or even fail to recognize) all the mighty things He has done--and is doing--for us.  Let this day be one of both recognizing and remembering God's provision in our lives.

Today I am specifically praising and thanking God for His relational provision in my life.  My family and friends are among the greatest of blessings in my life.  Admittedly, relationships between two naturally sinful human beings aren't always easy or comfortable (and may not seem like blessings at times).  In fact, they require much effort, transparency, humility, forgiveness, understanding, etc.  But no matter how hard relationships are, we need them.  Most importantly, we need a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ; but also important are our relationships with each other.

As we gather with family today to celebrate a day of thanksgiving to our Lord, I won't fail to recognize the blessing of the people and the relationships that God has placed in my life.  It is my prayer that as I draw close to others my character would be continually refined to be like that of Jesus.  May I always be willing to love, serve, and lay down my life for my friends as He has done for me.


Other Posts in This Series:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...