Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Friday, November 12, 2010

Thanks to Abel,...

Apparently, Abel is taking notice--and advantage--of my renewed focus in "looking well to the ways of my household" (Proverbs 31:27).

Abel politely informed me yesterday morning that we needed to clean out
  1. the coat closet and
  2. the van.
And... he was right.

After completing the closet project, I asked Abel, "So, why did you say I needed to clean the coat closet?"  "Because I couldn't find anything in there," he replied.
Abel approves.  And so do I!

Abel's second suggestion also made the To-Do list.  We were blessed with another beautiful Fall day here in central Iowa, so the weather was just perfect for the task of cleaning out the van.  I had Abel and Amariah skip their naps in order to let them work alongside me.  The kids and I have memorized Proverbs 10:4 ("Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth."); so we talked about working diligently as we cleaned.

At the end of the long, busy day, as I sat on the living room floor playing with my four sweet children, Abel walked up to me with a twinkle in his eyes and patted me on the back as he said, "Thanks for being such a good Mommy."  It was through that sweet comment that God showed me that if I am obedient to Proverbs 31:27, then Proverbs 31:28 really can happen to me.
27 "She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. 28 Her children rise up and bless her...."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...