Titus 2:11-13

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus."

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Raising Women

My sweet little Isabel woke up with a fever this morning and wanted to be nowhere but in my arms (which was okay with me, of course).  When I had to get up to get breakfast ready, I had Amariah take my place on the couch with Isabel.  I watched and listened from the kitchen as Amariah gently stroked Isabel's arm and softly said in the most compassionate voice, "Oh, Isabel, I know you don't feel good."

Elliana was concerned for her sick sister, too, bringing books to Isabel and lingering near the couch where she lay.

As I looked at this scene, I was so blessed by my daughters' display of motherly compassion; and I was reminded of the fact that my three daughters are even now learning from my example how to be women.  What a privilege it is to be entrusted with such an important task as training my girls to be women who will honor God and love their families!
"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." (Titus 2:3-5)
May I always be all of these things for the sake of God's Word and for the sake of the young and impressionable eyes that are constantly watching me.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How sweet....I hope God allows me to have a girl :) Have you read Feminine Appeal? It's about all the virtues you listed in Titus 2. Awesome book. Reading it right now and it's so challenging. Your girls are very blessed to have you!

Anonymous said...

And..as a mommy of all boys..It's so encouraging to know there are moms out there who are raising their daughters to be Godly future mommies too! I'm not sure if that sentence made sense but I hope so! I pray that my sons are blessed with wives like I'm sure your daughters will be! Keep it up the good work Angela...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...